Mobile phone specific web site design is much different than web site design for desktops, laptops and tablets. Your customer who “finds you” via their phone is in a hurry. They don’t want to scroll for half-a-mile looking for your phone number, a map to your location, a coupon or discount to a “deal” you’re offering.
So, MAKE IT EASY. On your “mobilized web site,” place these “click-to-call” and “map us” buttons above the fold. Eliminate “scrolling” by your smart phone web site visitor. Place these “call-to-action” buttons in their face!
- Language on mobile phone friendly web sites must be kept to a minimum. Eliminate scrolling as much as possible.
- The web page your smart phone customer “lands-on” should have multiple “clickable” elements.” This includes your logo and all images.
- Include a product image, logo, coupon… that is clickable. Short contact forms and applications can make sense as well.
- Include special offer or discount language offering a deal for all your mobile customers.
- Make certain your mobile phone friendly web site comes with a “Stat Package;” a statistics reporting service so you know how your mobile phone friendly web site is performing.
- Get started NOW! Don’t wait until it’s too late. Consumers by the millions are picking up their phones to find you!